Lac du Bonnet Wildlife Association Awards Night
The Awards Night turned out well as a program, and everyone had a good time.
A huge shoutout to guest speaker Eric Mullen who was kind to deliver a very informative presentation with some cutting-edge research that was being discussed and was appreciated by the crowd. The topic was on Black Crappie and their survival when angled from deep depths.
Winning Big Game
The Big Game Awards (2021 & 2022) attracted 10 Whitetail Deer Antlers and two Black Bear Skulls. One Moose rack was put on display but was not entered. Raina Pollock displayed some truly beautiful mounts for her trophies.
LDBWA Angling Trophy Winners
The Angling Awards (2021 & 2022) featured 40 fish entered, 5 youth entries, and 35 Adult enteries. However these were submitted by only 3 youth and 5 adults. Quality was excellent as 37 of the 40 fish were Master Angler Size.
Youth Angling Awards
Member of the Year Award
Goes to Stewart Massey for his efforts as the Project Manager for the Outdoor Education Center and Range. Stewart handled the day to day contact with the contractors, and lead the volunteer construction teams that erected the two firing line sheds. Great progress was made over the year and the Outdoor Education Centre has emerged as a truly first class facility. The expression “We couldn’t have done it without him” is so true in this case. The LDBWA is proud to give Stewart Key #1 to the OEC front gate and a season of use.
The night featured several contests and draws with a variety of winners.
- Door prize was won by Lavina Harding,
- Mystery Trophy Score (120 2/8 inches) was shared by Mark Juer, Lavina Harding, and Aurele.
- Mark Juer won the Big Game Participation prize,
- Dennis McGuffin the Angling Participation prize.
- Charlize Joss won the Youth Angling Participation Prize.
- Aurele ? took home the Owl Carving
- Marvin Arneson the Marlin in the two 52 card draws.
- The 5 Table Raffles were won by several attendees.
Many thanks to: Cherry, Shirley, Kelly, Mike, Stu, Dennis, Gina and all those that I missed, for their help over the evening.